Sir Jony Ive discusses design on Blue Peter show, receives Gold Badge
Blue Peter is the world's longest-running children's television program, broadcast on BBC since 1959, so it's not surprising that Apple Senior Vice President of Industrial Design Sir Jony Ive was an avid viewer of the show as a child. Ive was recently a guest on Blue Peter where he talked about an early design experience tied to the show and then commented on children's designs for a combination school bag / lunch bag / pencil case.
As you can see in the video clip below, Sir Jony was also awarded the rare high honor of a Blue Peter Gold Badge. Ive seemed genuinely touched by receiving the award from host Barney Harwood, and reciprocated by having a CNC milling machine make a large "aluminium" badge for the show staff.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs