iTunes U tops 1 billion downloads
One part of iTunes that many people overlook is iTunes U. Though consumers may not be aware of the educational resources available on iTunes U, educators and students have taken notice. According to Apple, iTunes U student rolls have exceeded 250,000 and its content has now topped 1 billion downloads.
iTunes U is a section of iTunes that is used by thousands of universities and K-12 schools worldwide to offer both public and private courses. Courses include lectures, assignments, books and quizzes that are accessible on iOS devices. Leading the way on iTunes U is Stanford University and The Open University, each of which has surpassed 60 million content downloads.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature