iTunes U tops 1 billion downloads
One part of iTunes that many people overlook is iTunes U. Though consumers may not be aware of the educational resources available on iTunes U, educators and students have taken notice. According to Apple, iTunes U student rolls have exceeded 250,000 and its content has now topped 1 billion downloads.
iTunes U is a section of iTunes that is used by thousands of universities and K-12 schools worldwide to offer both public and private courses. Courses include lectures, assignments, books and quizzes that are accessible on iOS devices. Leading the way on iTunes U is Stanford University and The Open University, each of which has surpassed 60 million content downloads.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options