Jobs biopic starring Ashton Kutcher delays release
Ermagerd! It's a catastrophe of Hollywood proportions! Jobs, the somewhat biographical movie starring Ashton Kutcher that chronicles the rise of late Apple founder Steve Jobs from stinky college dropout to highly-successful CEO, has been given a delayed release date so that Open Road Films can have more time to market the film.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jobs was initially scheduled for an April 19, 2013 release to coincide with the 37th anniversary of the company's founding. As with most "facts" that come out of Hollywood, that date is wrong -- Apple was founded on April 1, 1976, not April 19.
Jobs received mixed reviews from several tech sites that had the opportunity to see the film at the Sundance Film Festival premiere, so it may be that Open Road Films wishes to do a big marketing push to capture as much of an opening weekend audience as possible. No date has been announced for the film's eventual release.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates