Up for charity auction: A power meeting with Tim Cook
Charity Buzz has launched an auction for coffee with Apple CEO Tim Cook at Apple headquarters in Cupertino, Calif. The meeting is valued at US$50,000 with the current bidding as of press time at over $14,000. This is the first time that one-on-one access to Cook has been offered via auction.
What cause could inspire Cook to open his door for the right sum? The answer is the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights, whose mission is the advancement of human rights advocacy around the world "from Cambodia to California."
Other auction highlights include lunch with Francis Ford Coppola, a speaking role with Chris Hemsworth in an upcoming Michael Mann film, a meeting with Alex Trebek at a taping of Jeopardy! and more. You can find the complete list of auctions here. Bidding will last until May 14th at 4:08PM EDT.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update