Web versions of iWork available on iCloud beta site for some users
Apple launched the developer beta for the new online iCloud-based iWork tools this past June, including Numbers, Pages and Keynote. Today, we've noticed that some users have been able to login to the system and try out the new features. Access seems to be randomly available with some people, such as myself, still being told they need a developer ID to gain access.
The new iCloud versions of these apps take aim at other cloud-based office tools like Google Docs and Microsoft's new Office 365, and can be used on a Mac or PC. Even if you're not a developer, it might be worth trying your luck. You might be pleasantly surprised to find yourself with access -- but do keep in mind it is a beta.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)