Web versions of iWork available on iCloud beta site for some users
Apple launched the developer beta for the new online iCloud-based iWork tools this past June, including Numbers, Pages and Keynote. Today, we've noticed that some users have been able to login to the system and try out the new features. Access seems to be randomly available with some people, such as myself, still being told they need a developer ID to gain access.
The new iCloud versions of these apps take aim at other cloud-based office tools like Google Docs and Microsoft's new Office 365, and can be used on a Mac or PC. Even if you're not a developer, it might be worth trying your luck. You might be pleasantly surprised to find yourself with access -- but do keep in mind it is a beta.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options