Black market Genius Bar appointments
You've got to love Chinese entrepreneurs. Today the Beijing Morning News reported on how scalpers are grabbing all of the Genius Bar appointments at Chinese Apple Stores, then selling those appointments on the black market.
Getting an appointment at one of the crowded stores apparently costs about ten yuan (about US$1.60), which sounds like a bargain compared to waiting all day in the store without an appointment to talk to a Genius. The reporter who wrote the story noted that there were no appointments available on the Apple site, but that they were available for purchase on the black market.
Apple's apparently looking into the issue; the reporter asked if they will cancel the online concierge service in China because of the scalping, but had not yet received a response from Apple.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter