Black market Genius Bar appointments
You've got to love Chinese entrepreneurs. Today the Beijing Morning News reported on how scalpers are grabbing all of the Genius Bar appointments at Chinese Apple Stores, then selling those appointments on the black market.
Getting an appointment at one of the crowded stores apparently costs about ten yuan (about US$1.60), which sounds like a bargain compared to waiting all day in the store without an appointment to talk to a Genius. The reporter who wrote the story noted that there were no appointments available on the Apple site, but that they were available for purchase on the black market.
Apple's apparently looking into the issue; the reporter asked if they will cancel the online concierge service in China because of the scalping, but had not yet received a response from Apple.
You've got to love Chinese entrepreneurs. Today the Beijing Morning News reported on how scalpers are grabbing all of the Genius Bar...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update