Internal Apple video shows construction of temp Apple Store at SXSW
For the South by Southwest (SXSW) music / film / interactive festival in 2011, Apple built a temporary pop-up store so that attendees could purchase the second-generation iPad between conference talks or concerts. Now professional thorn-in-the-side-of-Apple Sonny Dickson has posted an internal Apple video on YouTube detailing the construction of the store.
It's amazing watching how the construction crews were able to create a fully functional Apple Store in a short amount of time, complete with decorations to make it appear just like one of the permanent retail facilities.
Apple opened another beautiful, one-of-a-kind store in Palo Alto, Calif., last weekend that was highlighted during Tuesday's iPhone 5s / 5c event.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter