Internal Apple video shows construction of temp Apple Store at SXSW
For the South by Southwest (SXSW) music / film / interactive festival in 2011, Apple built a temporary pop-up store so that attendees could purchase the second-generation iPad between conference talks or concerts. Now professional thorn-in-the-side-of-Apple Sonny Dickson has posted an internal Apple video on YouTube detailing the construction of the store.
It's amazing watching how the construction crews were able to create a fully functional Apple Store in a short amount of time, complete with decorations to make it appear just like one of the permanent retail facilities.
Apple opened another beautiful, one-of-a-kind store in Palo Alto, Calif., last weekend that was highlighted during Tuesday's iPhone 5s / 5c event.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype