AOL Alto webmail client dropping support for iCloud in December
AOL has reached out to iCloud users of its Alto webmail client to announce it will be dropping support for the Apple service on December 2. Alto is a service that integrates your Yahoo, Gmail and other email services into one mailbox. iCloud users received the following email from Alto today.
AOL is TUAW's parent company.
Thanks for using Alto to read and send mail from your @iCloud, @me or @mac account. We've been honored to host those accounts and get great, positive feedback on the experience from users like you. But we're sad to say that Alto will no longer support iCloud accounts as of December 2, 2013.
We sincerely regret the frustration this will cause. You can close your account now by clicking the Plus sign (+) on the left of your Alto inbox, then clicking the iCloud account name and the Close Alto Account button at the bottom of the column that opens. Or you can simply wait and do nothing and you will automatically lose access on December 2nd.
We would love to continue giving you Alto's great view of your non-iCloud email accounts. Any other supported IMAP-accessible email will continue to work, including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, AOL Mail and others.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free