AOL Alto webmail client dropping support for iCloud in December
AOL has reached out to iCloud users of its Alto webmail client to announce it will be dropping support for the Apple service on December 2. Alto is a service that integrates your Yahoo, Gmail and other email services into one mailbox. iCloud users received the following email from Alto today.
AOL is TUAW's parent company.
Thanks for using Alto to read and send mail from your @iCloud, @me or @mac account. We've been honored to host those accounts and get great, positive feedback on the experience from users like you. But we're sad to say that Alto will no longer support iCloud accounts as of December 2, 2013.
We sincerely regret the frustration this will cause. You can close your account now by clicking the Plus sign (+) on the left of your Alto inbox, then clicking the iCloud account name and the Close Alto Account button at the bottom of the column that opens. Or you can simply wait and do nothing and you will automatically lose access on December 2nd.
We would love to continue giving you Alto's great view of your non-iCloud email accounts. Any other supported IMAP-accessible email will continue to work, including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, AOL Mail and others.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)