iPhone 101: Deleting numbers in the iOS Calculator app
With over 9 million iPhones sold in just three days, and undoubtedly millions more since Apple first announced the impressive sales figure, there are likely many people experiencing iOS for the first time.
That being the case, here's a quick Calculator app tip that maybe even seasoned iOS users will find new and useful.
It's not readily apparent, but the Calculator app in iOS has a hidden gesture that enables you to delete numbers from an entry if you happen to input a number by accident.
As a quick example, let's say I'm trying to input the number 5,964 but accidentally type in 596,487.
Is all hope lost? Do I have to start over from scratch?
Not at all!
To erase a number, digit by digit, simply swipe to the right on the number display and the most recently entered digit will disappear. This handy trick is a lifesaver if you happen to be a few calculations deep and don't want to start over from scratch.
So in the example above, I just need to swipe to the right twice and I'm well on my way toward calculator bliss.
With over 9 million iPhones sold in just three days, and undoubtedly millions more since Apple first announced the impressive sales figure,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free