Apple opens new AppleCare repair center in Pennsylvania
If you're on the East Coast or in the Midwest and your Apple product gets damaged while under its AppleCare warranty, there's a good chance you'll get it repaired a lot faster now. That's because Apple has opened up its second AppleCare repair center in the United States.
As 9to5Mac notes, the new repair center is located in Carlisle, Pa. According to public records, it measures a whopping 200,000 square feet with another 2,500 square feet for offices.
Before the opening of the Pennsylvania repair center, virtually all other AppleCare repairs -- whether from Genius Bars or home users sending in their products -- took place in Apple's Elk Grove, Calif., center. That meant at least a day in transit for many defective devices from the East Coast and Midwest. Now that Apple has a second repair center on the opposite coast, repairs in all parts of the country could speed up.
If you're on the East Coast or in the Midwest and your Apple product gets damaged while under its AppleCare warranty, there's a good...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs