Apple opens new AppleCare repair center in Pennsylvania
If you're on the East Coast or in the Midwest and your Apple product gets damaged while under its AppleCare warranty, there's a good chance you'll get it repaired a lot faster now. That's because Apple has opened up its second AppleCare repair center in the United States.
As 9to5Mac notes, the new repair center is located in Carlisle, Pa. According to public records, it measures a whopping 200,000 square feet with another 2,500 square feet for offices.
Before the opening of the Pennsylvania repair center, virtually all other AppleCare repairs -- whether from Genius Bars or home users sending in their products -- took place in Apple's Elk Grove, Calif., center. That meant at least a day in transit for many defective devices from the East Coast and Midwest. Now that Apple has a second repair center on the opposite coast, repairs in all parts of the country could speed up.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options