Apple opens new AppleCare repair center in Pennsylvania
If you're on the East Coast or in the Midwest and your Apple product gets damaged while under its AppleCare warranty, there's a good chance you'll get it repaired a lot faster now. That's because Apple has opened up its second AppleCare repair center in the United States.
As 9to5Mac notes, the new repair center is located in Carlisle, Pa. According to public records, it measures a whopping 200,000 square feet with another 2,500 square feet for offices.
Before the opening of the Pennsylvania repair center, virtually all other AppleCare repairs -- whether from Genius Bars or home users sending in their products -- took place in Apple's Elk Grove, Calif., center. That meant at least a day in transit for many defective devices from the East Coast and Midwest. Now that Apple has a second repair center on the opposite coast, repairs in all parts of the country could speed up.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)