Apple opens new AppleCare repair center in Pennsylvania
If you're on the East Coast or in the Midwest and your Apple product gets damaged while under its AppleCare warranty, there's a good chance you'll get it repaired a lot faster now. That's because Apple has opened up its second AppleCare repair center in the United States.
As 9to5Mac notes, the new repair center is located in Carlisle, Pa. According to public records, it measures a whopping 200,000 square feet with another 2,500 square feet for offices.
Before the opening of the Pennsylvania repair center, virtually all other AppleCare repairs -- whether from Genius Bars or home users sending in their products -- took place in Apple's Elk Grove, Calif., center. That meant at least a day in transit for many defective devices from the East Coast and Midwest. Now that Apple has a second repair center on the opposite coast, repairs in all parts of the country could speed up.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync