Apple Campus 2 construction begins... with some demolition
The site for Apple's "spaceship" headquarters and Campus 2 is in the process of being cleared, with demolition of existing buildings at the location now well underway.
MacRumors posted a number of photos today showing the construction fences erected around the location, as well as equipment being used for the demolition. The demolition work is proceeding on land purchased by Apple in 2006, where a massive underground parking structure will be built.
According to the MacRumors article, the headquarters building is to be located on land north of where the work is taking place. The 2.8 million-square-foot facility is included in Phase 1 of the construction, expected to be completed by 2016, along with a fitness center and auditorium. Phase 2 plans include 600,000 square feet of office and R&D buildings.
Image provided by MacRumors
The site for Apple's "spaceship" headquarters and Campus 2 is in the process of being cleared, with demolition of existing buildings at...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update