Apple announces iCloud Drive
Apple has announced the next evolution for iCloud, called iCloud Drive, at the WWDC 2014 keynote. The service will work similarly to Dropbox. You'll be able to quickly pull up your files from across your iCloud directly in your Finder folders. This includes any iCloud apps and files you might have on your iOS device but not your computer, like SketchBook Pro.
This promises to link iCloud, iOS, and OS X together in one neat place. Interestingly Apple, is also offering support for Windows along with OS X and iOS. For iPhone fans who are still latched onto Microsoft this feature will be a blessing.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature