George Bush: the Steve Jobs of world politics?!
Big thanks to AK for sending along this item that clearly begs filing under “news of the weird” — conservative
German newspaper Die Welt came up with the following analysis following George Bush’s recent meeting with Russian
President Vladimir Putin: “Bush wants to be a great reformer, both in terms of domestic and foreign politics.
Domestically, he wants to revamp America to the same degree FDR did with his New Deal… The new plan involves
marketing, surprises, big design overhauls.” Marketing, surprises and big design overhauls apparently, according to the
paper, equates Bush with the “endlessly creative (and fabulously wealthy) founder of Apple Computer, Steve Jobs.”
Huh. I’ve seen some creative political analysis in my time, but this… this is really, er, something. Clearly the result of some German Mac-using journalists in the throes of a slow news day. Or maybe W.’s iPod is exerting some influence. All I will say is that I am a huge fan of one of the two men, and have very little to approve of regarding the other — I’ll leave it to you, dear readers, to do the matching up. ;)
Big thanks to AK for sending along this item that clearly begs filing under “news of the weird” —...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad