George Bush: the Steve Jobs of world politics?!
Big thanks to AK for sending along this item that clearly begs filing under “news of the weird” — conservative
German newspaper Die Welt came up with the following analysis following George Bush’s recent meeting with Russian
President Vladimir Putin: “Bush wants to be a great reformer, both in terms of domestic and foreign politics.
Domestically, he wants to revamp America to the same degree FDR did with his New Deal… The new plan involves
marketing, surprises, big design overhauls.” Marketing, surprises and big design overhauls apparently, according to the
paper, equates Bush with the “endlessly creative (and fabulously wealthy) founder of Apple Computer, Steve Jobs.”
Huh. I’ve seen some creative political analysis in my time, but this… this is really, er, something. Clearly the result of some German Mac-using journalists in the throes of a slow news day. Or maybe W.’s iPod is exerting some influence. All I will say is that I am a huge fan of one of the two men, and have very little to approve of regarding the other — I’ll leave it to you, dear readers, to do the matching up. ;)
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV