How to Tune a Ukulele with Your Mac
...Actually, this applies to any instrument, even your voice, but since I am the proud owner of a brand new ukulele,
I thought I’d reference it in the title of the post.
Do you need a small useful tuning programs to help you ensure that you are hitting the correct notes while laying down the vocals to your band’s new album in Garageband? If so, check out Perfect Pitch ($15 donationware). I’ve been using my Powerbook’s internal mic along with Perfect Pitch to tune my guitar for a while now. It’s a good little Cocoa app that is rather intuitive and has some nice advanced features like displaying precise frequencies for fine tuning your real A sharp to an ideal A sharp.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature