My Dream App launches
Phill Ryu's My Dream App has officially launched today. What is My Dream App? Think American Idol for Mac software, think America's Got Talent with software developers and no Hasselhoff.
The idea is that non-programmers have ideas for apps they would love to see, but they lack the skills to make them a reality. Enter My Dream App, people submit their app ideas to the contest. The entries are whittled down to 24 and then the visitors of the website vote until there are only 3 left. The remaining 3 will become be developed by a team of a designer and a developer and then become real life products for sale (the person who submitted the idea gets royalties).
Submissions are open until Friday, September 1st (extended from the original Aug. 25th).
Oh, and in the spirit of full disclosure, I am serving on the panel of judges for My Dream App (along with Steve Wozniak, Leo Laporte, and Kevin Rose, just to name a few) though I have no vested interest in the contest.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client