Apple updates iMacs, intros 24 inch model
I certainly wasn't expecting this today. Apple has just updated the entire iMac line to include Intel Core 2 Duo processors in each model. In addition they have added a gigantic 24 inch model to the line up, as well as lowering the price of the low end model to $999.
The iMac line up now includes 4 models: 1.83 GHz and a 2.0 GHz 17-inch, a 2.16 GHz 20-inch and the all-new 2.16 GHz 24-inch iMac with the 24 inch iMac sporting a 1920-by-1200 pixel resolution. the 24 incher can also hold up to 3 gigs of RAM (which is more than an iMac could ever have), has a 250 gig hard drive (upgradable to 500 gigs), an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT with 128MB of GDDR3 memory (upgradable to the NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory), a SuperDrive, and builtin iSight. Bluetooth and Wifi are built in, and all of this starts at $1999. Not a bad price at all, of course it goes up when you upgrade the various components.
Oh, and all the new models are available... today (that was my dramatic Steve-esque pause).
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time