How often do you upgrade?
This made me wonder: When do people upgrade? I bought a 333mhz G3 iBook in 2001 (I think) that I got rid of maybe two years ago. My main machine at home is a 1GHZ G4 flat panel iMac. I still love it, it does what I need it to do (Warcraft is a little choppy at times, but not intolerable), and I have no intention of replacing it in the near future. Of course, I'm extremely tempted by the brand new iMacs, but I'm the type who keeps the old car running past 100,000 miles, just to see how long I can keep it on the road. It's a pride thing.
So, TUAWers, when do you upgrade? Are you the type who opens a fresh new box every three years, or is OS 8 still rocking your world? Discuss.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app