How often do you upgrade?
This made me wonder: When do people upgrade? I bought a 333mhz G3 iBook in 2001 (I think) that I got rid of maybe two years ago. My main machine at home is a 1GHZ G4 flat panel iMac. I still love it, it does what I need it to do (Warcraft is a little choppy at times, but not intolerable), and I have no intention of replacing it in the near future. Of course, I'm extremely tempted by the brand new iMacs, but I'm the type who keeps the old car running past 100,000 miles, just to see how long I can keep it on the road. It's a pride thing.
So, TUAWers, when do you upgrade? Are you the type who opens a fresh new box every three years, or is OS 8 still rocking your world? Discuss.
Earlier tonight I was at a friend's house. She was having a hard time browsing certain websites, she told me (no, not those sites), and...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update