How often do you upgrade?
This made me wonder: When do people upgrade? I bought a 333mhz G3 iBook in 2001 (I think) that I got rid of maybe two years ago. My main machine at home is a 1GHZ G4 flat panel iMac. I still love it, it does what I need it to do (Warcraft is a little choppy at times, but not intolerable), and I have no intention of replacing it in the near future. Of course, I'm extremely tempted by the brand new iMacs, but I'm the type who keeps the old car running past 100,000 miles, just to see how long I can keep it on the road. It's a pride thing.
So, TUAWers, when do you upgrade? Are you the type who opens a fresh new box every three years, or is OS 8 still rocking your world? Discuss.
Earlier tonight I was at a friend's house. She was having a hard time browsing certain websites, she told me (no, not those sites), and...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free