Greenpeace creates mock Apple homepage
Apple is not Greenpeace's favorite computer company, as we all know (though I'm not sure what company Greenpeace actually likes, but that is a subject for a different blog). Continuing their 'Why must Apple sell poison' campaign Greenpeace has launched a site that parodies Apple.com. While this is a clever idea, I have to wonder why there is no Dell page. They explain that Dell has pretty good standards and that Apple would force them to be even better, but somehow I doubt that (the forcing bit, I know nothing of Dell's environmental record).
Ah, right, in their FAQ they say, 'No - this is not a campaign against Apple - it's a campaign to change Apple for the better,' and 'Apple should be setting the trend for a green future.' I just hope that Greenpeace isn't targeting a sexy computer company (probably the only computer company on the planet that can be called sexy) to get attention. I'm sure they are just concerned for us all.
[via Daring Fireball]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs