Quark announces Print Collection and QuarkXPress Server 7
First up was QuarkXPress Server 7, which they'll be demoing this week in booth 4807 Graph Expo and Converting Expo in Chicago. Formerly known as Quark Dynamic Document Server (QuarkDDS), Server 7 incorporates all the new features of QuarkXpress 7, while Web-based, template-driven process and includes QuarkXPress Server Manager, a tool that "centralizes system administration, manages processing load on multiple servers, and provides reporting on automated publishing tasks."
Next up was the Quark Print Collection, which will be available Oct 30, 2006 but is also being demo'd in Chicago this week. The Print Collection is a comprehensive set of prepress tools for QuarkXPress 7 and Adobe Acrobat 7 which enables the creation of "fully imposed, press-ready files at a price anyone who is involved in the print-production process can afford." The price in question is a mere $299 and the underlying technology was originally developed by A Lowly Apprentice Production (ALAP) Inc, which Quark had previously acquired. The Print Collection package includes Quark Imposer for QuarkXPress, Quark Imposer for Adobe Acrobat, Quark MarkIt, and Quark Item Marks.
Quark had two big announcements today. First up was QuarkXPress Server 7, which they'll be demoing this week in booth 4807 Graph Expo and...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free