Digg just went through a interface overhaul, adding a few new features and surprises to its collection of user-powered ranking tools. A new "Podcasts" ranking area joins the News and Videos sections, allowing users to view and rank popular audio broadcasts, as well as link to those podcasts for download. Unfortunately, this new feature proves to be less compelling than News and Videos because of the relatively stagnant nature of the listings. Unlike the other features which ebb and flow over time, few new podcasts are introduced on a daily or even weekly basis and the popular items tend to float to the top of the list and just stick. Digg's strength lies in tracking trends, and podcasts, unfortunately, don't seem to have trends.
Update: read more about Digg's new features here.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter