Digg just went through a interface overhaul, adding a few new features and surprises to its collection of user-powered ranking tools. A new "Podcasts" ranking area joins the News and Videos sections, allowing users to view and rank popular audio broadcasts, as well as link to those podcasts for download. Unfortunately, this new feature proves to be less compelling than News and Videos because of the relatively stagnant nature of the listings. Unlike the other features which ebb and flow over time, few new podcasts are introduced on a daily or even weekly basis and the popular items tend to float to the top of the list and just stick. Digg's strength lies in tracking trends, and podcasts, unfortunately, don't seem to have trends.
Update: read more about Digg's new features here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync