OmniFocus Sneak Preview
OmniGroup today hosted a special event at the flagship Apple store in San Francisco to give users a sneak peak into their upcoming GTD productivity software OmniFocus. TUAW was there and brings you this special bulleted report!
- OmniFocus, unlike its predecessor KinklessGTD will feature an instant data propagation across the app, thus doing away with the need for a "sync button," and ensuring your data is always where you expect it to be.
- OmniFocus will have a simpler and more streamlined interface than OmniOutliner, on which KGTD was built.
- Users will be able to view multiple or individual projects and contexts in either a single window or multiple separate windows.
- OmniFocus will support existing KGTD QuickSilver inbox-entry actions.
- OmniFocus will also feature a standalone proprietary quick-entry method via keystroke, similar to Yojimbo.
- Future versions will support user definable smart folders.
- The first version of OmniFocus will not require 10.5 Leopard, but all following versions will due to the use of Leopard only technologies.
- Like KGTD, OmniFocus will support syncing with portable devices through iCal.
- OmniFocus will be fully applescriptable.
- Future versions will support integration with OmniPlan.
- Future versions will support universal action creation from other applications (such as turning an email message or iCal to-do into an action).
- Future versions will support attaching or tying of files to actions and projects.
- OmniGroup is planning to release OmniFocus within the next few months.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free