OmniFocus Sneak Preview
OmniGroup today hosted a special event at the flagship Apple store in San Francisco to give users a sneak peak into their upcoming GTD productivity software OmniFocus. TUAW was there and brings you this special bulleted report!
- OmniFocus, unlike its predecessor KinklessGTD will feature an instant data propagation across the app, thus doing away with the need for a "sync button," and ensuring your data is always where you expect it to be.
- OmniFocus will have a simpler and more streamlined interface than OmniOutliner, on which KGTD was built.
- Users will be able to view multiple or individual projects and contexts in either a single window or multiple separate windows.
- OmniFocus will support existing KGTD QuickSilver inbox-entry actions.
- OmniFocus will also feature a standalone proprietary quick-entry method via keystroke, similar to Yojimbo.
- Future versions will support user definable smart folders.
- The first version of OmniFocus will not require 10.5 Leopard, but all following versions will due to the use of Leopard only technologies.
- Like KGTD, OmniFocus will support syncing with portable devices through iCal.
- OmniFocus will be fully applescriptable.
- Future versions will support integration with OmniPlan.
- Future versions will support universal action creation from other applications (such as turning an email message or iCal to-do into an action).
- Future versions will support attaching or tying of files to actions and projects.
- OmniGroup is planning to release OmniFocus within the next few months.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs