Rumors: Docking and Charging by Induction
Apple Insider uncovered a pretty futuristic Apple patent filing that discusses inductive, optical and wireless devices for transferring data and power without physical contact. The filing talks about how inductive coils, which can be hidden from view, fit more in line with Apple aesthetics (look Ma, no visible ports!) and how they avoid the problem of exposed contacts which can oxidize or get dinged and bent over time. Induction is, as far as I can google, a pretty hot area of technology development, especially for transmitting data and power to implanted devices for bio-medical telemetry. I'm curious to see whether Apple follows through on this filing and what kinds of products get developed.
Apple Insider uncovered a pretty futuristic Apple patent filing that discusses inductive, optical and wireless devices for transferring...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free