My Dream App to hold developer competition for Season 2
My Dream App, the wildly successful American Idol of the Mac software world, is coming back for a Season 2 - and they need a few good developers. But this time around, they're adding a new layer to the competition by allowing users to vote on the actual developers who will get the chance to code the winning apps. A press release and announcement on the My Dream App site states that the crew will be at the upcoming WWDC 07 in June doing video interviews with interested developers, but an email address is also provided if devs want to get a jump on things.
Whether you are eagerly watching development of the apps from Season 1 (and yes, they're still making progress; this stuff doesn't happen overnight), this new season should be pretty fun. I'm definitely interested to see which developers are interested in hopping on board, and which ones the public chooses to build the app winners.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options