Google CEO says look forward to more Google/iPhone announcements
At ZDNet UK, Andrew Donoghue writes that at a Tuesday event in Paris, Google CEO Eric Schmidt promised further developments of Google and Apple cooperation, particularly regarding the iPhone. Schmidt said to "[E]xpect other announcements from the two companies over time." The iPhone, he said, is a particularly good platform for apps that Google has been building.
After May's introduction of Google Gears for Webkit and the WWDC keynote that emphasized Web 2.0 development for the iPhone, one can only guess that Google may be ready to provide the off-line data component so far missing from the iPhone development picture. Google Gears provides a way to take web applications offline so you can use those applications without being actively connected to the Internet.
At ZDNet UK, Andrew Donoghue writes that at a Tuesday event in Paris, Google CEO Eric Schmidt promised further developments of Google and...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates