Google CEO says look forward to more Google/iPhone announcements
At ZDNet UK, Andrew Donoghue writes that at a Tuesday event in Paris, Google CEO Eric Schmidt promised further developments of Google and Apple cooperation, particularly regarding the iPhone. Schmidt said to "[E]xpect other announcements from the two companies over time." The iPhone, he said, is a particularly good platform for apps that Google has been building.
After May's introduction of Google Gears for Webkit and the WWDC keynote that emphasized Web 2.0 development for the iPhone, one can only guess that Google may be ready to provide the off-line data component so far missing from the iPhone development picture. Google Gears provides a way to take web applications offline so you can use those applications without being actively connected to the Internet.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options