Calling John Appleseed...
Do you get the sense that Apple goofed up a bit while rushing out the iPhone activation videos? It's not just the 80GB iPhone. Aren't all fake numbers supposed to start with a 555? Anyway, yes, this is the same phone number for John Appleseed that was in the iPhone preview video from last Friday. And, yes, I did give the number a call to see what would happen thinking it would connect me to an Apple/AT&T ad. Instead, I heard "The mailbox for number 408-550-3542 is full and cannot accept new messages at this time. Please try again later."
I also dropped John Appleseed a note at his dotMac account, but he didn't reply to that either.
Update: Just called again. This time I got the message "Hello, you've reached the brand new iPhone of John Appleseed." He invited me to visit Apple.com. After, a standard-sounding voicemail prompt instructed me to record my message after the tone.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration