Apple answers your questions about the iPhone
There is no denying that the hype surrounding the iPhone is... well, a bit much. We here at TUAW are as guilty as anyone for contributing to it, but I would point out that it is our job to obessess over Apple (and we do it so well!). All the blame for the hype shouldn't be placed squarely on the tech media though, it is clear Apple is egging us on by slowly releasing information about the iPhone as we get closer and closer to launch (in contrast, Microsoft would have had all this information about the iPhone available the first day it was announced... and no one would have cared).
The newest news from Apple is this iPhones Questions and Answers section on Apple.com. It answers some typical questions about the iPhone like what OSs the iPhone will work with (Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and OS X), can I used my existing iPod accessories (maybe), and what kind of headphones can I use with it (most standard headphones should work). However, the most exciting thing for the iPhone crazed is the above picture. That's the first clear picture of the iPhone accessories that Apple will be making. We can see the Dock (which included a space for recharging the Apple bluetooth headset), the Apple Bluetooth headset, and the iPhone charger (which looks just like the iPod charger. Sweet!).
Thanks to everyone for sending this in.
Update: Engadget has confirmed that the dock seen in the picture is included with the $120 Apple Bluetooth headset.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs