iPhone "Hello World" binary released
The busy beavers of the #iphone IRC channel, whose collective efforts have built the first unauthorized iPhone GUI application (it displays "Hello World" and does nothing else), have released the source for the demo app, buildable with the community-built toolchain and UIKit. There's also a compiled binary version of the app being hosted here.
Our collective hat is off to the dedicated hackers who are building a development environment for the iPhone from bits of string and folded-up tinfoil. It's an impressive achievement.
Thanks #iphone and Erica
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)