iPhone "Hello World" binary released
The busy beavers of the #iphone IRC channel, whose collective efforts have built the first unauthorized iPhone GUI application (it displays "Hello World" and does nothing else), have released the source for the demo app, buildable with the community-built toolchain and UIKit. There's also a compiled binary version of the app being hosted here.
Our collective hat is off to the dedicated hackers who are building a development environment for the iPhone from bits of string and folded-up tinfoil. It's an impressive achievement.
Thanks #iphone and Erica
The busy beavers of the #iphone IRC channel, whose collective efforts have built the first unauthorized iPhone GUI application (it displays...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs