PackRat 1.3 supports new Backpack, adds more exclusive features
Backpack, the fantastic online PIM from 37signals, was recently updated with some solid new features like drag-and-dropping items from one page to another and the ability to reorder items any way you chose on a page (i.e. - lists and notes no longer have to be lumped together in their own sections). As with any web app update, desktop apps that integrate must often release an update of their own to stay on top of the changes. Fortunately, Rod Schmidt has done exactly that with his excellent offline synching PackRat app that brings Backpack to your desktop. With v1.3, Rod has updated PackRat so it can work with the new Backpack, but he has also introduced yet more exclusive features that keep making PackRat even more useful than its web-based symbiote, such as:
- The reminder sheet now has a calendar on it to make entering dates easier.
- A New Reminder toolbar button
- An 'In minutes from now' option for reminders.
- Shared pages now have a shared icon in the pages list so you can easily see what pages are shared.
- An Upload Changes command and toolbar button to quick upload your changes to Backpack without waiting for auto upload to kick in.
As with the the recent change to PackRat's trial period, a 30-day demo is available, while a license costs a mere $24.95.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync