PackRat 1.3 supports new Backpack, adds more exclusive features
Backpack, the fantastic online PIM from 37signals, was recently updated with some solid new features like drag-and-dropping items from one page to another and the ability to reorder items any way you chose on a page (i.e. - lists and notes no longer have to be lumped together in their own sections). As with any web app update, desktop apps that integrate must often release an update of their own to stay on top of the changes. Fortunately, Rod Schmidt has done exactly that with his excellent offline synching PackRat app that brings Backpack to your desktop. With v1.3, Rod has updated PackRat so it can work with the new Backpack, but he has also introduced yet more exclusive features that keep making PackRat even more useful than its web-based symbiote, such as:
- The reminder sheet now has a calendar on it to make entering dates easier.
- A New Reminder toolbar button
- An 'In minutes from now' option for reminders.
- Shared pages now have a shared icon in the pages list so you can easily see what pages are shared.
- An Upload Changes command and toolbar button to quick upload your changes to Backpack without waiting for auto upload to kick in.
As with the the recent change to PackRat's trial period, a 30-day demo is available, while a license costs a mere $24.95.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter