iPod easter egg in Starcraft II
AJ noticed something funny at BlizzCon, Blizzard Entertainment's big gaming convention out in Anaheim, CA the other week-- hidden inside Starcraft II, Blizzard's upcoming RTS game, is this little nod to the iPod. Hidden on a little billboard in the game's futuristic setting is an ad for the iPistol: "advanced targeting... get into the groove."
Of course, it's one of many, many Apple parodies, but this one's extra special, because not only will Blizzard's game be huge when it finally releases (and all Blizzard fans like myself know that'll be a few months after "when it's ready"), but the same disc will install both on Windows and our beautiful OS X. At a time when other companies are getting props for joining forces with Apple, it should probably be noted that Blizzard's been with us all along-- from Diablo to World of Warcraft, Blizzard's games have always been Mac friendly. So while there will be many easter eggs in Starcraft II, I'll wager, we like this one the most.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync