Google Earth goes skyward
Our sister blog Download Squad pointed to the updated Google Earth today dubbed 'Google Earth Sky', because in the newest version you can look up. Not content to cover everyone on the ground, our Google overlords have turned their eye to the sky, and you can now search through galaxies, nebulas, and stars to your heart's content.
And you can do it all on the Mac from day one, which is pretty nice (you couldn't say the same about the original Google Earth). In terms of functionality, the program seems really similar to Celestia, also available on the Mac, just in case your astronomical needs aren't met by "Google Sky." And don't forget-- if your mapping needs run a little closer to home than, you know, light years away, moon.google.com is still open for business in the browser of your choice. Wonder why they didn't add that to the iPhone as well...
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter