Amex mulls iPhone purchase rebate policy
I placed a call to Molly Faust, the American Express Vice President of Public Affairs and Communications for U.S. Consumer Card and Customer Service Delivery. She told me that she was already looking into this matter and promised to get back to me.
According to one TUAW reader, a protection-line operator said "the number of calls we've received about this is utterly insane."
More as this develops.
Update: Molly Faust contacted me again and says to emphasize that this is being handled on a case-by-case basis and that the refunds are not an official program or policy.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype