Amex mulls iPhone purchase rebate policy
I placed a call to Molly Faust, the American Express Vice President of Public Affairs and Communications for U.S. Consumer Card and Customer Service Delivery. She told me that she was already looking into this matter and promised to get back to me.
According to one TUAW reader, a protection-line operator said "the number of calls we've received about this is utterly insane."
More as this develops.
Update: Molly Faust contacted me again and says to emphasize that this is being handled on a case-by-case basis and that the refunds are not an official program or policy.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter