The continuing quest for a data-only iPhone
What I'm particularly interested in are two data plans: SmartPhone Max ($30/month, unlimited data, 1500 SMS) and MediaNet Unlimited ($20/month, unlimited data, no SMS). AT&T reps say they cannot offer these plans without voice (the cheapest voice plan is $40) and that even if they did, they must be matched to certain phones, like the Nokia 61024.
I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to disable voice and I'd love to be able to do so without canceling my data--at least for a while.
I know that some TUAW readers have succeeded in using their non-iPhone SIMS with existing AT&T accounts in their iPhones. Do any of you have data-only plans? And if so, how much are you paying?
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter