Jobs: "It's our job to stop them breaking in"
Computerworld quoted Steve Jobs today, about whether Apple will continue to stay ahead of hacking efforts. "It's a cat-and-mouse game," Jobs said. "We try to stay ahead. People will try to break in, and it's our job to stop them breaking in." This is not especially good news for iPhone and iPod touch™ owners invested in unlocks and third-party enhancements--or for third party vendors like Belkin and Griffin, with their unapproved docks that will not work with recent iPods. Apple's recent firmware and hardware releases lend weight to TUAW's argument that Apple is working on tightening security and their "Made-for-Apple" focus.
Thanks to hourog.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter