TUAW + iPhone turns your loved ones into pirates
Arrrr, me hearties. A TUAW exclusive for your iPhone today (since it be Talk Like a Pirate Day). Download a copy of Pirate.app onto your iPhone and you're ready to turn any landlubber into a true Pirate. (A package should be available through Installer.app by the time this post goes live.)
Launch the app, aim the camera at a loved one, and tap Stop. This stops the preview and freezes the picture. If you don't like it, tap Start to go back to a live preview.
After freezing, arrange the props -- pirate hat, mustache, beard and parrot -- as you wish. Then tap Snap. The iPhone captures your work and creates a new email photo enclosure for you to share with loved ones.
Shiver me timbers! Now that's a good reason to keep the iPhone a semi-open platform!
Update: Dread Pirate Gregg writes in to let us know that he is responsible for the Apple and Crossbones I found in the TUAW archive.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter