Confirmed: Jailbreak/AppSnapp fixes TIFF Exploit hole in iPhone Safari
For everyone worried about malicious TIFF exploits, you might want to take a few seconds and re-read those jailbreak features listed on the AppSnapp page. See number 6? Not only does the team jailbreak your phone, add Installer.app and fix YouTube, but they also repair patch Safari's TIFF exploit hole. Yes, you read that right. These amazing hackers have done Apple a huge favor and fixed the very same exploit they used to jailbreak.
For those of you asking about unactivated phones, if you use the Safari access trick I posted about a few weeks ago, you will even activate your iPhone and bypass the whole "connect to iTunes" screen.
Is it possible to love these guys any more?
Thanks to Nicholas "Drudge" Penree.
Update: If you have already jailbroken your iPhone or iPod touch and want to patch Safari, head over to Installer.app and look under 1.1.1 Tweaks.
Update 2: Just a reminder that the jailbreak is due in large part to the efforts of "rezn"
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype