Confirmed: Jailbreak/AppSnapp fixes TIFF Exploit hole in iPhone Safari
For everyone worried about malicious TIFF exploits, you might want to take a few seconds and re-read those jailbreak features listed on the AppSnapp page. See number 6? Not only does the team jailbreak your phone, add Installer.app and fix YouTube, but they also repair patch Safari's TIFF exploit hole. Yes, you read that right. These amazing hackers have done Apple a huge favor and fixed the very same exploit they used to jailbreak.
For those of you asking about unactivated phones, if you use the Safari access trick I posted about a few weeks ago, you will even activate your iPhone and bypass the whole "connect to iTunes" screen.
Is it possible to love these guys any more?
Thanks to Nicholas "Drudge" Penree.
Update: If you have already jailbroken your iPhone or iPod touch and want to patch Safari, head over to Installer.app and look under 1.1.1 Tweaks.
Update 2: Just a reminder that the jailbreak is due in large part to the efforts of "rezn"
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client