Flickr Find: Jailbroken iPhone at Apple Store
Just like Macenstein, I can't actually tell you whether this photo is real, photoshopped, or just staged (my guess is staged), but it is funny. This iPhone, seemingly on display at the Apple Store, has one too many icons, and so apparently what the AT&T salesman told a customer in front of me at the AT&T Store when I went to buy my iPhone is untrue: you can, in fact, put your own applications on the iPhone. Who knew?!
That said, we at TUAW can't recommend you do something like this yourself-- those geniuses at the Apple Store don't get paid enough to put up with your mischievous behavior, so give 'em a break. Plus, it's only funny once. But this one time, it is pretty funny.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)