Flickr Find: Jailbroken iPhone at Apple Store
Just like Macenstein, I can't actually tell you whether this photo is real, photoshopped, or just staged (my guess is staged), but it is funny. This iPhone, seemingly on display at the Apple Store, has one too many icons, and so apparently what the AT&T salesman told a customer in front of me at the AT&T Store when I went to buy my iPhone is untrue: you can, in fact, put your own applications on the iPhone. Who knew?!
That said, we at TUAW can't recommend you do something like this yourself-- those geniuses at the Apple Store don't get paid enough to put up with your mischievous behavior, so give 'em a break. Plus, it's only funny once. But this one time, it is pretty funny.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter