Purple Violets released exclusively on iTunes
Ed Burns' film, Purple Violets, has become the first full-length feature movie ever to premiere via digital distribution on iTunes. As we reported before, he was unable to find a good theatrical offer, and instead chose to make history by bringing it straight to iTunes. Variety wasn't thrilled with it, and our sister site Cinematical thought it was OK, but neither of them saw it on the iPhone's small screen, did they?
Of course, you can find out for yourself-- Purple Violets is available right now in iTunes for $12.99. At that price, I might (ironically?) wait for rental, but then again, huddling around an iPhone and sharing earbuds in a nice Italian restaurant would make a pretty cheap date.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs