TUAW Responds: Ecamm to the rescue!!
TUAW reader Tommy E. writes: A while back I installed Make it Mine and entered my custom carrier logo as "ROBOTS" -- when springboard restarted, nothing happened to my carrier logo. Now, I just restored and updated to 1.1.2 (not jailbroken) and suddenly and surprisingly my carrier logo now reads "ROBOTS"! My problem is that I need to visit the Genius Bar because my headphone jack is wacky. Is there some way to get "AT&T" back up there?"
Fear not, Tommy. There's an easy fix for your problem. Ecamm's "Caption Crunch", which we discussed a while back can set or revert the time string. So today, I gave Glen of Ecamm an urgent "help our reader" IM. He responded by creating a custom version of their software that reverts the fake carrier logo created by MIM.
In case you didn't read that last paragraph fully. Let me re-iterate. Glen of Ecamm. Created. A. Custom. Application. Version. for our TUAW reader in need.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs