TUAW Responds: Ecamm to the rescue!!
TUAW reader Tommy E. writes: A while back I installed Make it Mine and entered my custom carrier logo as "ROBOTS" -- when springboard restarted, nothing happened to my carrier logo. Now, I just restored and updated to 1.1.2 (not jailbroken) and suddenly and surprisingly my carrier logo now reads "ROBOTS"! My problem is that I need to visit the Genius Bar because my headphone jack is wacky. Is there some way to get "AT&T" back up there?"
Fear not, Tommy. There's an easy fix for your problem. Ecamm's "Caption Crunch", which we discussed a while back can set or revert the time string. So today, I gave Glen of Ecamm an urgent "help our reader" IM. He responded by creating a custom version of their software that reverts the fake carrier logo created by MIM.
In case you didn't read that last paragraph fully. Let me re-iterate. Glen of Ecamm. Created. A. Custom. Application. Version. for our TUAW reader in need.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free