Mobile Scrobbler adds command-line track metadata
To do this, you need to access the MobileScrobbler executable inside the application bundle on your iPhone and issue a command along the following lines:
./MobileScrobbler -track "Shimmer" -artist "Fuel" -album ""
The developers write, saying the album string will be optional--you can pass an empty string as shown here.
This is a great little feature that shouldn't be overlooked by anyone who has command-line access on their iPhone or iPod touch. For a further preview of Mobile Scrobbler 1.4, check out this screenshot tour.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter