Updated jailbreakme.com eases upgrade path
If you've upgraded recently to firmware 1.1.3 on your iPhone or iPod touch, you'll probably have first downgraded to firmware 1.1.1 and used the popular jailbreakme.com site. Well, it looks like jailbreakme has undergone some massive updates to make this process easier and more optimized. It now automatically oktopreps your 1.1.1 installation, installs the latest Installer.app version (including community sources so you get the new modmyifone source), and cleans up after itself more thoroughly (.svn and youtube.zip files anyone?).
Once you've done the 1.1.1 downgrade bit, be sure to check out the 1.1.2 upgrade guide as well. You'll quickly be on your way to 1.1.3 happiness. Doesn't seem to be working? Make sure you've connect your iPod or iPhone to your computer via the USB cable. There's a handy FAQ available that answers other common questions.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements