Getting DVD movies on your iPod touch and iPhone
Most of the time, it's pretty simple to get movies, TV shows or podcast content onto your iPhone or iPod touch for viewing at a convenient time -- you can simply use iTunes to download it (for a suitable fee). Things get a bit more complicated when you want to watch a commercial DVD from your collection on one of these devices.
Fortunately, as we reported recently, there's a great tool called HandBrake that accomplishes this task quite nicely and has just been updated to a fully-compatible, Leopard-only version. OK, but now that you have the software, how do you use it so you can watch that 300 DVD when you're on the train to work tomorrow?
The folks at iPhone Atlas have taken care of that one for you; they've just posted an article that guides you step-by-step on how to take video from that purchased DVD and get it onto your iPhone or iPod touch. It's a pretty simple and painless process that yields surprisingly good results -- especially when watching something on the very nice, touchable screen of the iDevices.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features