Jailbreak from iTunes
Guess what's come out of the pumpkin patch news service this time? A video that shows hackers using iTunes to restore an already-jailbroken and activated 1.1.4. The iPhone software bundle (the ipsw file) has been pre-hacked and updates through iTunes to a fully hacked system. Like other hack previews, this one is not yet ready for prime-time. The developers put this together as a proof-of-concept, but hey'll likely be releasing this method when the actual SDK comes out.
Congratulations again to Pumpkin, roxfan, Turbo, wizdaz, bgm, np101137 and the iPhone dev team.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter