Jailbreak from iTunes
Guess what's come out of the pumpkin patch news service this time? A video that shows hackers using iTunes to restore an already-jailbroken and activated 1.1.4. The iPhone software bundle (the ipsw file) has been pre-hacked and updates through iTunes to a fully hacked system. Like other hack previews, this one is not yet ready for prime-time. The developers put this together as a proof-of-concept, but hey'll likely be releasing this method when the actual SDK comes out.
Congratulations again to Pumpkin, roxfan, Turbo, wizdaz, bgm, np101137 and the iPhone dev team.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature