Jailbreak from iTunes
Guess what's come out of the pumpkin patch news service this time? A video that shows hackers using iTunes to restore an already-jailbroken and activated 1.1.4. The iPhone software bundle (the ipsw file) has been pre-hacked and updates through iTunes to a fully hacked system. Like other hack previews, this one is not yet ready for prime-time. The developers put this together as a proof-of-concept, but hey'll likely be releasing this method when the actual SDK comes out.
Congratulations again to Pumpkin, roxfan, Turbo, wizdaz, bgm, np101137 and the iPhone dev team.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options