FlickrExport 3 Public Beta
FlickrExport is my favorite iPhoto plugin (and it would be my favorite Aperture plugin too, if I used Aperture), though I will admit that it is the only iPhoto plugin I use. Developer Fraser Speirs has been dropping hints for awhile about the next version of FlickrExport, and now it is available... in beta form that is.
New to FlickrExport 3 are:
- A big focus on groups. You can add pictures to multiple groups, create 'group actions,' and it even displays the group rules (i.e. it will tell you if there is a limit to the number of pictures you can upload per day, if the group is moderated, and so on.)
- Auto-completion of tags (which are downloaded from Flickr)
- A much better way to upload photosets, allowing you to organize the pictures in the sets before they are uploaded
- Geotaging, with the ability to create presets, as well as fetch latitude and longitude from Google Earth
The FlickrExport 3 beta is available for both Aperture 2 and iPhoto. Keep in mind that when FlickrExport 3 leaves beta it won't be freeware, though pricing isn't set as of yet.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter