HTML5 Client Side Database Storage + iPhone = ???
Will the next iPhone firmware release support client-side database storage? That's what TUAW reader Jorge believes. Way back in October, we saw the HTML5 standard promising client-side persistence for Webkit-based browsers. Jorge apparently ran a client-side SQL check on the new Simulator-based Safari and found that it ran properly. Of course, simulator tests do not mean actual 1.2/2.0 implementation and we have no way of verifying whether this functionality extends to the actual iPhone firmware.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration