HTML5 Client Side Database Storage + iPhone = ???
Will the next iPhone firmware release support client-side database storage? That's what TUAW reader Jorge believes. Way back in October, we saw the HTML5 standard promising client-side persistence for Webkit-based browsers. Jorge apparently ran a client-side SQL check on the new Simulator-based Safari and found that it ran properly. Of course, simulator tests do not mean actual 1.2/2.0 implementation and we have no way of verifying whether this functionality extends to the actual iPhone firmware.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free