Whither the 1.0 iPhone resale?
Sure the iPhone 1.0 won't die right away. It is full 2.0 firmware compatible, and it is an absolutely terrific device. But I'd be surprised if the first generation units sold for much more than about a hundred bucks after today's announcements. With new 8GB going for $199 and 3G service available, many of today's iPhones are going to become tomorrow's high-end iPod touch units.
Instead of resale I predict that very soon now a lot of spouses and teenage children will be receiving their very first iPhones hand-me-downs. What do you think? Upgrade? Or stick with the iPhone as it is? Let us know in the comments.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature