Whither the 1.0 iPhone resale?
Sure the iPhone 1.0 won't die right away. It is full 2.0 firmware compatible, and it is an absolutely terrific device. But I'd be surprised if the first generation units sold for much more than about a hundred bucks after today's announcements. With new 8GB going for $199 and 3G service available, many of today's iPhones are going to become tomorrow's high-end iPod touch units.
Instead of resale I predict that very soon now a lot of spouses and teenage children will be receiving their very first iPhones hand-me-downs. What do you think? Upgrade? Or stick with the iPhone as it is? Let us know in the comments.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter