Whither the 1.0 iPhone resale?
Sure the iPhone 1.0 won't die right away. It is full 2.0 firmware compatible, and it is an absolutely terrific device. But I'd be surprised if the first generation units sold for much more than about a hundred bucks after today's announcements. With new 8GB going for $199 and 3G service available, many of today's iPhones are going to become tomorrow's high-end iPod touch units.
Instead of resale I predict that very soon now a lot of spouses and teenage children will be receiving their very first iPhones hand-me-downs. What do you think? Upgrade? Or stick with the iPhone as it is? Let us know in the comments.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free