Canada might be getting the iPhone 3G
Our Canadian readers have suffered a long, iPhone-less time. There are been countless rumors that Rogers, Canada's leading cell phone provider, would be releasing the iPhone 'any day now.' The above graphic from Rogers' website mentions that someting 'really big' will be coming on July 11th. Hmm, that date looks familiar... what else is happening on that date? Ah, right, the international launch of the iPhone 3G.
Canadians, looks like you'll soon be able to join in on the iPhone fun.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.
Update: Rogers might be playing coy, but Apple released a press release letting us know what is happening on the 11th in Canada. In the rush of news yesterday, I overlooked this. Thanks, bob.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows