Firefox 3 release date announced: June 17
Mozilla announced Wednesday that it plans to release the final version of Firefox 3 on Tuesday, June 17, less than a week away.
"After more than 34 months of active development, and with the contributions of thousands, we're proud to announce that we're ready," Mozilla said in a post on its Developer Center blog.
You can help Mozilla meet its goal of breaking the Guinness World Record on June 17th, becoming the most downloaded software in a single day. Over one million people have pledged so far to download the software in the first 24 hours it's available.
In related news, Mozilla also published Firefox 3 Release Candidate 3 on Wednesday. There was one fix, and it was for Mac users on 10.5.3 -- a correction for unkillable hangs related to the VerifiedDownload plugin. Glad they got that cleared up!
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client