Firefox 3 release date announced: June 17
Mozilla announced Wednesday that it plans to release the final version of Firefox 3 on Tuesday, June 17, less than a week away.
"After more than 34 months of active development, and with the contributions of thousands, we're proud to announce that we're ready," Mozilla said in a post on its Developer Center blog.
You can help Mozilla meet its goal of breaking the Guinness World Record on June 17th, becoming the most downloaded software in a single day. Over one million people have pledged so far to download the software in the first 24 hours it's available.
In related news, Mozilla also published Firefox 3 Release Candidate 3 on Wednesday. There was one fix, and it was for Mac users on 10.5.3 -- a correction for unkillable hangs related to the VerifiedDownload plugin. Glad they got that cleared up!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support