New iPhone SDK build shows video playlists, portrait-mode playback
An anonymous tipster sent us a short video showing new capabilities of the iPhone 2.0 software.
It's a little hard to see around his building's attractive fluorescent lighting, but hopefully you get the gist.
It appears that videos will be easily playable in portrait or landscape orientations, using data from the iPhone's accelerometer. (Though it's been possible to play embedded QuickTime videos through Safari in the vertical orientation since firmware version 1.1.1.)
Also, mercifully, it looks like video playlists are in our future.
Update: The video has been updated with a far less glarey version. Thanks, anonymous tipster friend!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options