New iPhone SDK build shows video playlists, portrait-mode playback
An anonymous tipster sent us a short video showing new capabilities of the iPhone 2.0 software.
It's a little hard to see around his building's attractive fluorescent lighting, but hopefully you get the gist.
It appears that videos will be easily playable in portrait or landscape orientations, using data from the iPhone's accelerometer. (Though it's been possible to play embedded QuickTime videos through Safari in the vertical orientation since firmware version 1.1.1.)
Also, mercifully, it looks like video playlists are in our future.
Update: The video has been updated with a far less glarey version. Thanks, anonymous tipster friend!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync