ZDNet: 'iPhone running Windows XP'? Fail
Citrix is developing a "thin client" iPhone app that allows users to connect to networked workstations via WiFi, and control their desktops. Basically, it's like VNC or Microsoft's Remote Desktop client. This isn't huge news, I understand, but after seeing ZDNet Australia's headline, I was thinking something completely different.
On stage, Citrix reps showed the iPhone connecting to (and controlling) a Windows desktop, which ZDNet took to mean that someone actually installed Windows XP on an iPhone. Yeah, no.
The demo was part of a presentation titled Directions in Virtualisation & Application Delivery in the Dynamic Datacentre.
Citrix is developing a "thin client" iPhone app that allows users to connect to networked workstations via WiFi, and control their...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox updates to support PDF annotations and better integration with iWork
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents