ZDNet: 'iPhone running Windows XP'? Fail
Citrix is developing a "thin client" iPhone app that allows users to connect to networked workstations via WiFi, and control their desktops. Basically, it's like VNC or Microsoft's Remote Desktop client. This isn't huge news, I understand, but after seeing ZDNet Australia's headline, I was thinking something completely different.
On stage, Citrix reps showed the iPhone connecting to (and controlling) a Windows desktop, which ZDNet took to mean that someone actually installed Windows XP on an iPhone. Yeah, no.
The demo was part of a presentation titled Directions in Virtualisation & Application Delivery in the Dynamic Datacentre.
Citrix is developing a "thin client" iPhone app that allows users to connect to networked workstations via WiFi, and control their...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update