ZDNet: 'iPhone running Windows XP'? Fail
Citrix is developing a "thin client" iPhone app that allows users to connect to networked workstations via WiFi, and control their desktops. Basically, it's like VNC or Microsoft's Remote Desktop client. This isn't huge news, I understand, but after seeing ZDNet Australia's headline, I was thinking something completely different.
On stage, Citrix reps showed the iPhone connecting to (and controlling) a Windows desktop, which ZDNet took to mean that someone actually installed Windows XP on an iPhone. Yeah, no.
The demo was part of a presentation titled Directions in Virtualisation & Application Delivery in the Dynamic Datacentre.
Citrix is developing a "thin client" iPhone app that allows users to connect to networked workstations via WiFi, and control their...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free