August 22: Big day for iPhone abroad
Mark your calendars for August 22, when many countries will start offering the iPhone 3G for sale. Here's a list of the countries that are expecting launches that Friday (and their associated carriers, in parentheses):
- Argentina (America Movil)
- Chile (Claro/America Movil, Movistar/Telefonica)
- Colombia (America Movil)
- Czech Republic (Telefonica O2, T-Mobile, Vodafone) Thanks, Luke and Tom!
- Ecuador (Porta/America Movil, Movistar/Telefonica) Thanks, Andy!
- El Salvador (America Movil)
- Estonia (TeliaSonera, EMT)
- Guatemala (America Movil)
- Greece (Vodafone Hellas)
- Honduras (America Movil)
- Hungary (T-Mobile)
- India (Bharti Airtel, Vodafone)
- Latvia (TeliaSonera)
- Lithuania (TeliaSonera)
- Paraguay (America Movil)
- Peru (Claro/America Movil, Movistar/Telefonica)
- Philippines (Globe Telecom)
- Poland (Orange, Era)
- Romania (Orange)
- Slovakia (T-Mobile, Orange) Thanks, Hannah and Bulu!
- Uruguay (America Movil)
Apple said last month that 20 countries would be getting iPhone 3G on the 22nd. Singapore is also rumored to be releasing the iPhone 3G that day, but SingTel hasn't confirmed their participation yet.
In other news, Virgin Mobile is now offering iPhone 3G service in Australia. This addition gives the country four providers to choose from: Vodafone, Optus, and Telstra are the other three. Sadly -- according to this article, they're already out of stock.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV